In addition to the educational benefits of obtaining your degree from the University, Arkansas is likewise an excellent place to continue your competitive hockey career. Arkansas has a rich history of success at the conference, regional and National level.
The team has won it’s conference post-season playoff tournament seven times and the regular season division championship six times. The Razorbacks competed in the SECHC up until the 2019-20 season, when the school joined the MACHA for their first season of competition in 2021-22.
The Hogs have appeared at Nationals seven times (09-10, 13-14, 14-15, 17-18, 19-20, 20-21, 21-22), with the team advancing to the Frozen Four twice (20-21, 21-22). The team secured their best finish in 2020-21, where the Hogs fell in the deciding championship game.
Our roster is comprised of players from a variety of competitive hockey backgrounds; including the junior hockey level (NAHL, EHL, NA3HL, USPHL, SIJHL), AA and AAA travel/club hockey, and high school hockey. Players must typically report during the third week of August, after which the roster is selected and the team begins practicing.
Player dues fluctuate per season depending on travel. The following are included in the Players dues:
- 30 Game Schedule (Aug-Mar), plus Conference and League post season
- Individual Player Equipment; Gloves, Practice & Game Jerseys, Practice & Game Socks, Shells, Team Bag, Team Warm Up Suit, Team Branded Clothing.
- 2 Practices per week
- Athletic Trainer at all games and practices, as well as on campus Athletic Trainer
- Buses to all road games, hotels included
- Private locker room & facilities at The Jones Center
- Video session
- Off ice strength and conditioning sessions at Ozark Iron Gym each week in season
- USA Hockey membership and insurance coverage
- All home games are broadcast our Youtube channel